Thursday, August 14, 2008

Record of the Week: The Royal Canadian Lovers School

Back in the Peg now and I hit the ground running. The week is already in full swing with my participation last night in Mike Petkau's Record of the Week project. Working with Jesse, Jay and Mike to cut a track from scratch was a highlight of my summer. There were many of wow moments observing these guys putting it all together, especially the vocal tracks. I laid in some noise, then somehow got talked into singing harmonies and no one stopped me from laying down some guitar tracks even though I haven't played any guitar since 1994 nor have I sung anything since 1989. The idea of playing guitar and even singing harmony on a vocal track was horrifying. Yet I managed to create and cut the tracks with only two takes. Kudos to Mike as a producer, he made it easy for all of us to move out of our comfort zones to contribute. And the resulting final mix really shines because of it. Thanks guys.

Mike



Jay



Jesse



American Maniac Found Floating in Winnipeg Gutter

2 Comments:

Blogger Louis Riel said...

It was great to have you on board, Ken! Thanks for being so willing and eager to experiment and do stuff you haven't done in ages. Thats what makes this so much fun.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Jesse is rad!

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home